Re: [uCsimm] uCsimm math.h

From: jeff@lineo.ca
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 04:21:14 EST

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, David Beckemeyer wrote:

> I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out what the
> problem was?

No, it's not a problem. It's actually normal (well, as normal as it can
be). The cause is that on m68k, the soft floating point library that is
provided with the compiler is single precision only. If you use double,
it will compile, but the support library just demotes things to float
anyway. The libm we supply makes no bones about it, it matches the
soft-float support from the compiler and is single precision.

Long story short, those functions are ones the compiler knows the standard
prototype for. And it's double. So the (single precision) float
definitions in math.h conflict (harmlessly).

I'll make a note to disable this in the compiler for single precision
libm for soft-float work. Just ignore the warning until then, but keep in
mind soft-float support is only single precision.

Jeff.