Re: [uCsimm] uCsimm filesystem R/W ?

From: Claudio Duffini (Radames@sacrocuore.it)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 09:47:11 EST

Noergaard John wrote:

> Hi
> I am a newbie using uCsimm board and uClinux.
> My question is very simple, I just want to change the file "rc" in "/etc"
> but the filesystem is readonly ?
> I used "mount -o remount,rw /dev/root / " and the filesystem is now
> writeable.
> But when I edit the file with vi, the file is ending up as a zero byte file
> and still I can not
> cp rc xx. What am I doing wrong ? I don't want to recompile the kernel and
> make a new image.

Pardon...

to be more precise : you don't must recompile the kernel. You must
reburn
the flash with the new filesystem image. to do this, read the manual.
There
is just an example that modifies the rc file. The unique alternative is
using the root filesystem via NFS. I don't know how to this, but
Vladimir
Gur(u)evich [;-)]talked about this in the mailing list time ago.

Regards