Re: [Re: [[uCsimm] question on running ucsimm]]

From: Richard Sevenich (
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 10:56:42 EST

Hello Weiowen,

Typing 'go' was correct. One would hope that the subsequent boot of uClinux
would not hang without the ethernet connection, but my version does that too.

[Anybody else ... is there an updated boot process without this feature that
can be downloaded?]

Otherwise you need a 10 base T ethernet card in your Linux box and a crossover
(not straight through) ethernet cable (About $5 here) with appropriate end
connectors (e.g. my cable has RJ45 male on both ends to fit my gear). If you
have a hub, with two 'normal' cables that could supplant the single (and
simple) crossover cable.

Good luck,