[uCsimm] RE: [uClinux-dev] BEWARE: Lineo 68360 board

From: Paugam Luc (PAUGAML@thmulti.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 04:57:15 EST

Hi Michael,

You are completely right, and of course you can configure the 68EN360 for 3
Ethernet ports.
No doubt on my feelings, this discussion is only to help you in your design
and to benefit from my experience.

What i mentionned is to better use a MC68EN360 at 33MHz due to the 30Mbits/s
bandwidth between the CPM and the CPU core. Thereby, you should have the
maximum performance of your 3 Ethernet channels, whatever you product is
dedicated for (router, data injection ...etc). However, i see no interest to
offer Ethernet channels with a bandwidth divided by a factor of 3 or 5!

For example, I successfuly designed CPUs with MC68360 at 25MHz and recently
at 33MHz.
But for 3 Ethernet ports at the maximum bandwidth (10 Mbits/s), i
successfuly designed a CPU that integrate a MC68EN360 at 33MHz in companion
mode with a MC68EC060 at 66MHz.

Best Regards
Luc