Re: [uCsimm] 115Kbaud Download fails because.... Add to FAQ's

From: Damon.Stewart@lineo.com
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 14:54:05 EST

This may be a little late in coming, but I tested the fast transfer on my
uCsimm last weekend and found that high network traffic does not affect
fast XMODEM download across the serial connection. I ran two flood pings
on the broadcast address of my subnet (192.168.22.255 & 192.168.255.255)
and then created a new image on my Linux box and sent it at 115K baud
across the serial line. The image transferred over quickly and my
executables ran fine on the simm. I don't know what would cause the
problems you ran into. -Maybe the problems were caused by other hardware
on your network?

Damon Stewart
Technical Support
Lineo, Inc.