Re: [uCsimm] Epson LCD for the uCsimm

From: Tom Walsh (tom@openhardware.net)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 12:55:49 EST

Edward Benavides wrote:

> So are these settings that you sent in the crt0.s file?
>
> Tom Walsh wrote:
>
> > Edward Benavides wrote:
> > >

> > > Hello:
> > > I am trying to hook up the Epson LCD with the simm. I have found the
> > > schematic and correctly hooked it up both to the LCD and the simm. I
> > > can see the screen flicker when power is applied and when I initialize
> > > the LCD by hitting envmm the whole screen turns black. So I at least
> > > know that it is doing something. I have frame buffer support compiled
> > > in the kernel.
> > >
> > > I dont know where to go from this point and any help would be great.
> > >
> > > TB
> >
> > These are the settings that I used for my display.
> >
> > /* this is for the EG9013 display. */
> > movel #splash_bits, LSSA_ADDR /* LCD starting address. */
> > moveb #0x28, LVPW_ADDR /* LCD Virtual Page Width Register. */
> > movew #640, LXMAX_ADDR /* LCD Screen Width Register. */
> > movew #480, LYMAX_ADDR /* LCD Screen Height Register. */
> > moveb #0, LRRA_ADDR /* LCD refresh rate. */
> > moveb #0, LPXCD_ADDR /* LCD Pixel Clock Divider Register. */
> > moveb #0x08, LPICF_ADDR /* LCD Panel Interface Config Register. */
> > moveb #0x01, LPOLCF_ADDR /* LCD Polarity Configuration Register. */
> > moveb #0x81, LCKCON_ADDR /* LCD Clocking Control Register. */
> > movew #0xff00, PCPDEN_ADDR /* LCD pins Port C Pull-Down enb. reg */
> >
> > You cannot eliminate the flicker, the problem is with the LFLM signal,
> > the display requires the signal to be within 12.5 - 13.5 milliseconds,
> > the EZ processor can only achive something like an 18 millisecond rate,
> > so... you get flickering.
> >
> > TomW
> >
> > --
> > Tom Walsh - WN3L - Embedded Systems Consultant
> > 'www.openhardware.net', 'www.cyberiansoftware.com'
> > "Windows? No thanks, I have work to do..."
> > This message resent by the ucsimm@uclinux.com list server http://www.uClinux.com/

Yes, they are in there somewhere... I don't have a uCsimm and use an
entirely different crt0rom.s file (one derived from the ADS board).

Change the "#undef INIT_LCD" to something like "#define INIT_LCD 1",
then go down 30-40 lines and you will find the init code for the LCD
hardware between #if .. #endif bracketing, there is where you would
adjust your controller settings. I don't believe that you can use my
code directly, maybe you can...