RE: [uCsimm] DRAM for 68VZ328

From: Ken DESMET (ken@sdt.be)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 10:59:14 EST

Hi David,

The

KM416S8030BT from SAMSUNG, a 128Mb device which results in 16MB of RAM.
KM4S641632D from SAMSUNG, a 64Mb device which results in 8MB of RAM.
81F411542D from FUJITSU, a 64Mb device which results in 8MB of RAM.

parts are all SDRAMs not DRAMs. Regular EDO-DRAMs or FP-DRAM are not
recomended for any new design from my point of view, there are already
phased out with many DRAM suppliers. So you should only consider using
SDRAMs for your design ... There is no real difficulty to upgrade to SDRAM
if you use a VZ328 controller, it has been designd to be used with SDRAM.

Kind regards,

Ken