Re: [uCsimm] Bluetoothing?

From: Zach Shelby (zach.shelby@vtt.fi)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 09:07:22 EDT

Stuart,

I know some people that have been using the Axis stack on a 2.2.14
kernel standard Linux machine. It needed some run-time debugging, but
they said the compiling was no problem.

I have some experience porting apps from 2.2.x kernels to UcLinux. It
is definitely porting problems that keep you from compiling. Typically
the following.

1. Some library calls aren't available in uClinux
2. Get rid of any system logging calls
3. Must change forks to vforks
4. Floating point is funny. Typically need to split it at the decimal
for uClinux.
5. If it's implemented as a kernel module I'm not sure how that would
work, you might have to build it into the kernel.

Wish you good luck, it's a noble project!

Cheers,
Zach Shelby

Thursday, October 26, 2000, 12:22:02 PM, you scribbled:
SN> Hi,

SN> I'm currently working towards getting a bluetooth stack onto uCSimm and
SN> linking through the serial port to an Ericsson Bluetooth Development Kit.

SN> I'm working with the Bluetooth stack that a team at Axis have been doing
SN> (thanks guys!), which talks through the HCI layer.

SN> I'm having some problems compiling down the stack (as I'm very new to all
SN> this), so if anyone else if working along the same lines, then let me know.

SN> Also, if anyone can think of any good applications to work towards to, then
SN> I'm all ears.

SN> Stuart Norton,
SN> Project Manager,
SN> Densitron Technologies plc.

SN> Tel: +44 (0)1959 542000

SN> This message resent by the ucsimm@uclinux.com list server http://www.uClinux.com/

   Zach Shelby - Researcher Zach.Shelby@vtt.fi
   VTT Elektronics Phone +358 8 551 2164 (Office)
   Kaitoväylä 1, PL 1100 Fax +358 8 551 2320
   90571 Oulu, Finland Mobile +358 40 7796297
                    http://paula.oulu.fi/~zdshelby
       Home: Yliopistokatu 14-707 90570 Oulu, Finland