Re: [uCsimm] BOA - browser problem

From: Larry Doolittle (ldoolitt@recycle.lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 18:17:52 EDT

Scott et al.

> I have boa running on a ucSimm. It runs cgi's just fine, but...
>
> It crashes and brings the whole ucLinux OS with it, when I use certain
> browsers.

#@)(*%#$#$ Browsers. Life would be much easier if
everyone used nc | less as their browser :*)

Seriously, build your version of Boa (is this the copy
of 0.92 that's hacked for uCLinux? Is it 0.92q at least?)
for your vanilla Linux machine, but with the Makefile
adjusted according to:
# Add -lefence to LDFLAGS to link with ElectricFence

Then test it on that machine, and if there is a Boa
problem, it should show up pretty fast. You can also
try the same trick with your CGI, the problem could
just as easily be there.

If the above approach localizes a problem in Boa, let
me know and I will find and publicize the fix.

       - Larry Doolittle <LRDoolittle@lbl.gov>
                    a.k.a. <ldoolitt@boa.org>