Re: [uCsimm] gdbserver weirdness

From: D. Peter Siddons (peter@lspc6.nsls.bnl.gov)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 09:31:29 EDT

ucsimm@jline.com wrote:

> hi, i've been trying to get remote debugging working but am running
> into problems. i hope someone can recognize what i'm doing wrong since
> i'm at a loss.
> > 1.3 Patch the kernel for Trap #1 support(breakpoint)
> > patch linux/arch/m68knommu/kernel/traps.c
> >
> > about line 210?
> > add new vector like this
> > _ramvec[15] = trap15;
> > _ramvec[33] = trap33; <---- added line
> > this trap33 is #if 0ed below

I ran into the same problem trying to install the RTLinux patches into
the
same CDROM tree. All of those _ramvec[xx]=trapxx statements have been
moved
into a different file. On my system they are in
linux/arch/m68knommu/platform/68EZ328/ints.c

I am now trying to install all the failed patch segments by hand, but
since I
don't know what I'm doing I don't have much hope that what I generate
will work!
It would be nice if someone who did know could take a look and generate
working
patches.

> also, my version already contained this particular patch:
>
> > delete the line that treat Trap #1 as a Illeagal Instructin Signal
> > about line 485?
> > case VEC_TRAP1: ----> delete this
> >
> > add new VEC_TRAP1 case statement before defalut case
> > about line 530?
> > case VEC_TRAP1:
> > /* kwonsk: is this right? */
> > fp->ptregs.pc -= 2;
> > sig = SIGTRAP;
> > break;
> > default:
> > sig = SIGILL;
> > break;

As did mine. In fact the RTL patch adds a code block similar to this,
but (presumably)
generated by kwonsk, so no question :) I deleted this block in favor of
the RTL version.
Who knows?!

Pete Siddons.