Re: [uCsimm] ADS and uClinux

From: Vladimir Gurevich (vgurevic@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 12:46:11 EDT

Hello Edward,

This is pretty strange. In fact, I have M68EZ328ADS board at home and
I tested all the images before I put them on the FTP site.

Don't worry about the start address 0x1004 for at_flash.b It is
correct, that's how the program (originally from Motorola) was
written.

Did it execute correctly? (It should have printed some dots and then
"DONE" at the end). Was heartbeat still OK after at_flash.b execution?

After at_flash.b execution, please check memory at 0x200000 and make
sure it looks the same as the contents of the .b file (oh, btw, hope
you made sure that all .b.gz files were decompressed!)

You have to open both SW-2/6 and SW-2/7 on the board and then
press the Reset button.

Another thing is that you have to make sure that your bbug program
does not attempt to initialize the board on its own. All initialization
is contained in the beginning of at_flash.b Anything else might screw
things up.

I'll try to re-check the image this evening when I come back home,
but I am pretty sure it should work.

If it still doesn't let me know. In the worst case remember that it
is only about 2-3 hours drive from your place to mine!

Happy hacking,
Vladimir

--
                   |     :|:        :|:     | phone         408-525-9707
Vladimir Gurevich  |    :|||:      :|||:    | fax           408-525-9707
Software Engineer  | .:|||||||:..:|||||||:. |
      RABU         |      CiscoSystems      | e-mail  vgurevic@cisco.com
                   |  http://www.cisco.com  |