RE: [uCsimm] RE: ADS board

From: Zhang Hong-W17904 (H.Zhang@motorola.com)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 03:28:33 EDT

Hi all,

   Following is the rom version kernel starting message on EZADS board. It
seems root filesystem doesn't work. I checked the file "Rules.make" at
arch/m68knommu/platform/68EZ328/ and found that it did not point to how to
generate romfs.img (only a row of echo message). So I think my flash.b does
not include root filesystem. I've read Vladimir's email saying to make sure
that romfs.img points to the romdisk image containing the appropriate root
filesystem. But, how to generate this kind of romdisk image, by genromfs?

Thanks,
Zhang Hong

Log message:

ABCDEF
68EZ328 DragonBallEZ support (C) 1999 Rt-Control, Inc

uClinux/MC68EZ328
Flat model support (C) 1998,1999 Kenneth Albanowski, D. Jeff Dionne
M68EZ328ADS board support (C) 1999 Vladimir Gurevich <vgurevic@cisco.com>
Calibrating delay loop.. ok - 1.42 BogoMIPS
Memory available: 3888k/4079k RAM, 0k/0k ROM (192k kernel data, 345k code)
Swansea University Computer Society NET3.035 for Linux 2.0
NET3: Unix domain sockets 0.13 for Linux NET3.035.
Swansea University Computer Society TCP/IP for NET3.034
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
uClinux version 2.0.38.1pre3 (hongz@linux_zh) (gcc version 2.7.2.3) #26 Fri
Sep
22 11:21:21 CST 2000
MC68328 serial driver version 1.00
ttyS0 at 0xfffff900 (irq = 64) is a builtin MC68328 UART
Ramdisk driver initialized : 16 ramdisks of 4096K size
Blkmem copyright 1998,1999 D. Jeff Dionne
Blkmem copyright 1998 Kenneth Albanowski
Blkmem 1 disk images:
0: 1005EFEC-93C9B3EB (RO)
PPP: version 2.2.0 (dynamic channel allocation)
TCP compression code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
PPP Dynamic channel allocation code copyright 1995 Caldera, Inc.
PPP line discipline registered.
SLIP: version 0.8.4-NET3.019-NEWTTY (dynamic channels, max=256).
CSLIP: code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California.
Open of blkmem arena 0 at 1005efec, length 83c3c400