Re: [uCsimm] BOA and CGIs

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@moreton.com.au)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 18:50:20 EDT

Hi All,

Larry Doolittle wrote:
> Some people on this list have hacked Boa to have its configuration set
> at compile time, and not use a boa.conf file at all. This reduces the
> size of the executable file. I don't have a link to that hack, sorry.

That would be me. The hacked sources are in the uClinux/ColdFire
source distribution, at

    http://www.moretonbay.com/coldfire/source.html

> > I also downloaded the last version of BOA from boa.org and compiling it I get
> > an executable "boa". Is this the file that must be configured with inetd to
> > receive the web calls instead of httpd?.
>
> Boa should not be run from inetd. It is supposed to be run once at boot.
> It will daemon itself, just like inetd. That master Boa process takes
> care of all static page accesses itself, and forks/execs as needed to
> handle CGI requests.

Sure does. I have been using boa with cgi-bins (and authentication)
extensively. It all works as advertised on uClinux.

Seeya
Greg

Greg Ungerer -- Chief Software Wizard EMAIL: gerg@lineo.com
Lineo (Integrated Products Group) PHONE: +61 7 3279 1822
Unit 12, 97 Jijaws St, FAX: +61 7 3279 1820
Sumner Park, QLD, 4074, Australia WEB: www.lineo.com