Re: [uCsimm] ucLinux Compact Flash Adapter

From: Glenn West (gwest@krdl.org.sg)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 01:58:15 EDT

Thanks John.

The WP I'll add a pin for that.
Also a switch. That way you can use a local switch, or build
it somewhere else if you want.

File system will be the standard DOS one.
Since I'm doing a block device driver, and debugging
the "indian"ness of the DOS FS. Have to look
at the journalling as a second step.

Of course, if you write your file first under a temp name, then
rename it, you can reduce the window.

The writing will be direct, no cache. (Well the drives sometimes
have cache, but that is controlled by drive options/jumpers for IDE)