Re: [uCsimm] phtreads (follow-up) ???

From: Damon.Stewart@lineo.com
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 10:18:24 EDT

Johan,

Since uClinux is geared towards MMU-less processors, it is very difficult
to offer extensive thread support. The only way to support threads with
uClinux would be to write your own thread-wrappers. This would allow some
threads
to exist, but would still not provide a stable environment for
multi-threaded applications. Without an MMU, multiple threads can easily
walk over each others space in memory, making it very difficult to manage
these kinds of applications. Currently, the infrastructure for thread
support does exist, but it has not been tested and may be somewhat buggy.

Damon Stewart
Technical Support
Lineo, Inc.