Re: [uCsimm] x10 smart home controller

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 10:08:51 EDT

Filip Peters wrote:

> Tom, in which packet is the code for the touchpanel? I'm interested in taking a look.
> I was thinking of a driver for the ads7843, and I was already looking in the code for
> the palmpilot digitzer in the uclinux kernel. But since I have no experience in linux
> drivers I can use all examples I can get...:)

No, it is not a driver, this is more basic than that. It is an
application which siezes the SAM interrupt and uses that interrupt to
run the SPI based TLC1549 ADC + multiplex circuit. I will send you the
core files, you should be able to do the same thing with the ADS7843,
actually, you WILL have to do pretty much the same thing.

The problem seems to be in the interrupt service routine, it sometimes
reads off the wrong axis of the Touch panel. There is also another
"quirk" in which if I increment a global variable from within the
service routine it periodically "stretches" the chip select of the A/D
convertor. You can see this "stretching" going on, at somewhat of a
periodic rate, when looking at the chip select of the A/D convertor. I
have caused the PIC32 compiler to dump source code of the compiled files
and the Assembly code looks reasonable, although there are some odd
statements in it that look suspicious.