[uCsimm] Is the FAT filesystem working?

From: Frank Haverkamp (haver@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 09:46:27 EDT

Hi,

I do some experiments with SmartMedia which uses a FAT (vFAT)
filesystem. I can read the card, write it, formatting is
not finished yet. I wanted to see if I could write a readonly
filesystem for my SmartMedia card. Therefore I enabled the
FAT-support in my uClinux distribution for the Coldfire uC.
When I passed the partition boot record of my SmartMedia card
I got the following:

[MS-DOS FS Rel. 12,FAT 0,check=n,conv=b,uid=0,gid=0,umask=022,bmap]
[me=0xf8,cs=0,#f=2,fs=0,fl=0,ds=0,de=1,data=0,se=26430,ts=0,ls=2,rc=0,fc=429496]
Transaction block size = 512
VFS: Can't find a valid MSDOS filesystem on dev 78:00. (0x78 is my major
number)

which was strange to me, cause my notebook pcmcia stuff
accepted the card getting the same pbr, and it detected
the correct parameters. The field "ls" is the logical sector
size which should be 0x0200 and not 2 indicating 512 bytes
for one logical sector.

Does anyone had similar experience or have anybody used
the FAT/vFAT support with uClinux?

Thanks,

Frank

--
Frank Haverkamp                     Domologic Homeautomation
mailto: haver@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de                   Rebenring 33