Re: [uCsimm] Interesting uClinux sh problems

From: David McCullough (davidm@lineo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 08:20:50 EDT

Jivin Zach Shelby lays it down ...
> I have ported a BOOTP client for the uClinux distribution. Works well
> (if you'd like the ported source just write me), however I'm having a
> problem using the output with the uClinux sh.
>
> bootpc outputs something like:
> IPADDR='193.166.161.19'
> GATEWAY='193.166.161.1'
> DNS_SERVERS='333.33.......'
> etc..
>
> This output is saved in a temp file. eval 'cat temp.file' is then
> called to read the variables into the environment to use them in an rc
> script with ifattach. However the eval in this sh version doesn't seem
> to work. Atleast I can't get these bootpc variables into shell
> variables. Any ideas? Is it a strange quirk of this sh implementation?

I think you will find the default shell is the SASH shell. sash doesn't
support scripting (variables, conditionals etc). If you have a look around
the source you should find some other shells that do, although they may be
a bit bigger :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough:  Ph: +61 7 3279 1822  Lineo (The Embedded Linux Company)
davidm@lineo.com   Fx: +61 7 3279 1820  PO Box 925, Kenmore QLD 4069, Australia