Re: [uCsimm] Senior design project

From: Geoffrey Wossum (gpw0341@omega.uta.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 00:37:38 EDT

> Hey, you don't have pictures or documents on this do you? It sounds
> very cool, to say the least.

There are documents on the project. Not very good ones. That's probably
why we didn't do too well on the documentation portion of our grade. In
theory you're supposed to be able to duplicate the project from our
documents, but you're probably not going to be able to do that with our
documents. You'll get a general idea of what we were doing, find lots of
source code, but the hardware details seemed to miss getting documenting.

What documentation exists is at http://rover1.uta.edu/~ako
Click around a lot. The professor had us put our documentation up in a
weird way, plus we did a half-assed job of it. Keep clicking all the
links you can find and maybe you'll find your way to some good bits of
info. The documenation quality depends on who wrote it and what time of
night it was written.

We kept saying, "We need to take pictures of this stuff." But we never
did. However, I still have a lot of the more intersting stuff, including
the uCsimm based controller we built. I'll see if I can borrow a camera
and take some pictures of the stuff in the next couple of weeks.

BTW, one of the people on the time and I are planning on continuing
development of the project. In our copious spare time, of course ;)

---
Geoffrey Wossum
gwossum@acm.org
Project AKO - http://rover1.uta.edu/~ako