Re: [uCsimm] Re: ucSimm robotics

From: Micah Dowty (micah@homesoftware.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 11:47:56 EDT

On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Rien Matthijsse wrote:

> Hi,
> I am in the process of using a uCsimm in a hobby Robot.
> It's a Hexapod (no pictures yet) ala Lynxmotion.
> It has ultrasonics for range scanning (own design), Infrared for proximity
> detection (own design), sound direction sensors (own design)
> and a voice (a SPO 256 AL2 phoneme generator).

Wow. Sounds pretty neat!

> I like uClinux, but hate that it does not adequately support shared memory.
> I found the rtai shared memory drivers and am considering of porting those
> to uClinux.

Actually, because the 68EZ328 has no MMU, all the memory is 'shared': you
can just pass an address to another process and it can read and write the
memory.
It still would be nice if someone wrote the code so ucLinux could pretend
to have traditional SHM. (Maybe once I get SHM support in PicoGUI, I'll
need to do that :)

--
>From the command line of Micah Dowty

This .sig is under construction...