[uCsimm] Re: ucSimm robotics

From: Rien Matthijsse (rien@marobi.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 04:09:56 EDT

>Does anyone else besides Geoffrey Wossum have experience or stories
>about applying uCsimm's to robot applications?
>
>Bill Smith

>This message resent by the ucsimm@uclinux.com list server
http://www.uClinux.com/

Hi,
I am in the process of using a uCsimm in a hobby Robot.
It's a Hexapod (no pictures yet) ala Lynxmotion.
It has ultrasonics for range scanning (own design), Infrared for proximity
detection (own design), sound direction sensors (own design)
and a voice (a SPO 256 AL2 phoneme generator).

Until now it is/was running on a Handyboard, but the 68HC11 is running out
of cycles :-)

At the moment I am adding extra support for RS232C input/output on the
uCsimm, using a PIC 16F84 processor
as peripheral controllers and adding a device driver to uClinux to support
it.
I have the output from SPI -> 4x 9600 baud running now and am working on 4x
2400 baud input -> SPI.

I like uClinux, but hate that it does not adequately support shared memory.
I found the rtai shared memory drivers and am considering of porting those
to uClinux.

Rien Matthjsse