Re: [uCsimm] serial raw data transfer

From: Vladimir A. Gurevich (vgurevic@cisco.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:20:59 EDT

Hello Ralf,

This feature is a hack from the early days. BTW, notice that PPP works fine
indeed, since it pushes a new discipline and sets is_cons flag to FALSE!!!

I think that with the blessing from the founding fathers (Jeff, do you hear me?)
we can make this "feature" a compile time option.

BTW, there are some other things that can break existing "raw" mode
applications.
E.g. There is no DCD pin on 68EZ328 and precise control over other RS-232 pins
has not been fully implemented.

Happy hacking,
Vladimir

ralf.hoell@gmx.net wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have connected a serial device on the ttyS0 from the uCSimm modul. The
> serial device transfer datas with raw format.
>
> The communication work fine, but sometimes an error occurs.
> O.K - I found the error, but the error was very interesting !
>
> In the serial driver from uCSimm is a nice feature, but for a raw
> communication it is not very suitable. Here a extract from the source code of serial
> driver 68328serial.c file:
>
> if(info->is_cons) {
> if(URX_BREAK & rx) { /* whee, break received */
> status_handle(info, rx);
> return;
> } else if (ch == 0x10) { /* ^P */
> show_state();
> show_free_areas();
> show_buffers();
> show_net_buffers();
> return;
> } else if (ch == 0x12) { /* ^R */
> hard_reset_now();
> return;
>
> When my serial device send for e.g. the byte 12 - the uClinux boot !
>
> Has anybody a solution how can I deactivate this "feature" without it
> commentate out in the code ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ralf
>
> --
> Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

                   |     :|:        :|:     | phone         408-525-9707
Vladimir Gurevich  |    :|||:      :|||:    | fax           408-527-1713
Software Engineer  | .:|||||||:..:|||||||:. |
    NUBU/DIAL      |      CiscoSystems      | e-mail  vgurevic@cisco.com
                   |  http://www.cisco.com  |