Re: [uCsimm] serial raw data transfer

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 09:41:15 EDT

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:19:18 +0200 (MEST),
ralf.hoell@gmx.net wrote:
>I have connected a serial device on the ttyS0 from the uCSimm modul. The
>serial device transfer datas with raw format.
>
>The communication work fine, but sometimes an error occurs.
>O.K - I found the error, but the error was very interesting !
>
>In the serial driver from uCSimm is a nice feature, but for a raw
>communication it is not very suitable. Here a extract from the source code of serial
>driver 68328serial.c file:
> } else if (ch == 0x12) { /* ^R */
> hard_reset_now();
> return;
>
>When my serial device send for e.g. the byte 12 - the uClinux boot !
>
>Has anybody a solution how can I deactivate this "feature" without it
>commentate out in the code ?

Change the kernel code or use a transfer program that lets you escape
selected characters and escape the problem ones. This code is
someone's attempt to provide the Sysrq feature in uclinux, but there is
a very good reason why the real sysrq code needs a multi key sequence.