Re: [uCsimm] gdbserver for uClinux on 68EZ328

From: Scott Cytacki (scott@artandmusic.org)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 17:03:18 EDT

I'm having a similar problem. However in the process of tracking that
one down I found a bug in kernel/ptrace.c.

there is a line:
#define TRACE_BITS 0x8000

then this is used later like:
TRACE_BITS << 16

I guessed the define should be:
#define TRACE_BITS 0x0080

This seems to make the gdb "step" command work. Previously the step
command crashed my ucsimm.

My original problem: (which I still haven't figured out)
I can "continue" only if it is the very first command I try. Every
other time I continue the ucsimm crashes with different errors each
time.
However, I can use the "go" command multiple times without a problem.
Another interesting problem. The "print" command doesn't print the
correct values for my variables.

Any ideas?

Scott