Re: [uCsimm] M68K gcc build woes...

From: D. Jeff Dionne (jeff@lineo.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 21:22:50 EDT

Tom Walsh <tom@cyberiansoftware.com> said:

..
> When I check the individual src directories, I can see no *.coff
> files. I don't have any more ideas? I had hoped to build the
> gcc-2.7.2.3 source up to the uClinux patch level so that I could apply
> the PIC32 patches. Anyone have suggestions as to what is going wrong
> with the build?

For some reason, the header files are not in the correct places. Can't
help much there from this distance.

The .coff file problem is because m68k-pic-coff-ld (and the link in
../m68k-pic-coff/bin) is the real GNU ld. Grab a copy of the ld shell script
from the binary distribution (also attached) and move GNU ld to gld. The
new 'ld' shell script runs GNU ld (gld) and then moves the result to *.coff
and runs coff2flt to make a uClinux bFLT binary.

http://www.uClinux.com/

--
D. Jeff Dionne                                        Jeff@lineo.ca
   -VP Research and Development, Office of the CTO

Lineo - Put Linux Anywhere