Re: [uCsimm] file creation on RAM disk

From: Dwight Schauer (dschauer@vcsd.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 17:58:39 EDT

I've been able to write to /tmp and have done
program development that way. Using rz I would
download newly compiled binaries until they were
ready to go into the main directory tree
into one of the bin directories.

Paul Schimpf wrote:

> I note that uClinux won't let you create any
> new files on the ramdisk. I guess that means
> embedded code can't use files to achieve
> persistence across multiple runs or as an
> (admittedly cheesy) IPC mechanism.
>
> Is this a fair assessment?
>
> Paul Schimpf
> Associate Professor
> Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
> Washington State University

Dwight Schauer, R&D Engineer
Vertex RSI, Controls & Structures Div.
1915 Harrison Road                     Phone: (903) 295-1480 ext 236
Longview, TX 75604                     Fax: (903) 295-1479