Re: [[uCsimm] boot problems]

From: Richard Sevenich (rsevenic@netscape.net)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 13:00:47 EDT

I've downloaded a newer version of minicom and my upload problems (workstation
to uCsimm have disappeared).

However, any image I upload fails to complete the boot with the last
few lines of the boot monologue being:

> VFS: mounted root (romfs filesystem) readonly.
> Unable to open an initial console.
> eth0: setting MAC address to 00 50 c2 03 64 cd
> eth0: Attempting IP
> etho: using 10Base-T (RJ-45)

The console problem seems to be the key. There is no console, so the
login message etc. never gets displayed. The boot seems otherwise
successful e.g. I can ping the uCsimm from the outside.

I would appreciate any help on resolving the console problem.

TIA
Sev