Re: [uCsimm] minicom upload takes forever

From: Ryan McDonald (ryan@rt-control.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 16:31:56 EDT

> Richard Sevenich <rsevenic@netscape.net> said:
>
> > This info may be available in the mail archive, but its links remain
> > unusable. So I am bugging the list itself.
> >
> > I am uploading a new image into the uCsimm module via the serial port
> > via minicom. I changed the speed to 'fast' at the bootloader prompt and
> > then adjusted minicom to that same speed and started the upload. The
> > terminal emulator window dutifully starts putting C's to the screen,
> > maybe one C each 3 seconds. How many bytes does a single C represent? At any
> > rate, the upload seems to take forever (or slightly longer). Any
> > hints/advice?
>
> Sure... Now send the file over (the Cs are saying "send the first block").
> Hit <ALT>S and select XMODEM send.

Actually, it's <ALT>a, then s, to send.

I had a similar problem on my workstation. It turns out it was because
minicom was trying to use 'sx' to send the file, when 'sx' was a parser
tool instead. So, i had to set minicom to use 'sz -X' . Press <ALT>a, o,
then choose 'file transfer protocol' and change the XMODEM program to
'/usr/bin/sz -X'

Hope that helps.

-Ryan

--