Re: [uCsimm] LCD connections

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 19:21:48 EDT

Miles Lott wrote:

> OK, pin 5 was the trick to get the LCD 'working'. Now I have an all
> white
> screen instead of solid blue. There is no cursor nor any text. Once
> booted
> into uClinux, is there any additional magic required to get some
> output
> here?

nope, all you have to do is start dumping some data into the screen
buffer RAM and it will show up on the screen. Look into the uCsimm code
and you will see that the splash_bits [] is set for the LSSA address of
the LCD, effectively the place where the LCD controller grabs bits to
pump out. With the LSSA set to this address, you should get something
on the screen. Wait, I will send you via private email a QVGA penguin
to play with.

TomW