[uCsimm] Getting started?

From: Michael Nachbaur (MNachba@rei.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 18:04:01 EDT

Okay, I have the Sharp LCDs and associated touch screens. I'm now considering making the big plunge into a ucSimm. My questions are:
- What should I purchase in order to get started? I'm software savvy, and can find my way around electronic equipment for the most part. (I also have a family member who's an proffessional electronics techie, so that won't be an issue)
- I've seen a lot of really low-level discussions on this mailing list (I've been lurking for a while). Is this necessary to accomplish most things with the ucSimm, or are these people on the list just doing some major hacking of these things?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm still deciding if should go with a higher-performance DIMM-PC or something similar (maybe a larger PC/104 board). Any comments that could sway me toward the ucSimm?

Thanks.

--man
Michael A. Nachbaur (KE6WIA)
mike(at)nachbaur(dot)com