Re: [uCsimm] System requirements

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@moreton.com.au)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 22:23:38 EDT

Hi All,

"Reynolds, Alfred" wrote:
> well, FLASH depends on the image you want to run. My ucsimm version of
> uclinux takes about 1mb, I could cut it down to 650kb I think. So, at least
> 1mb flash to be safe.
> As for RAM, I am no expect, but linux 2.0.x is meant to be able to run in
> 4mb, but 8mb certainly works. Anyone know better?

Yeah. As Jeff said, you can run in 1MB of RAM. I have ColdFire targets
that run uClinux nicely with 1MB of RAM.

(These boards don't even need a FLASH to boot, you can do it all through
the hardware background debugger. So it is only 1MB RAM).

Seeya
Greg

Greg Ungerer EMAIL: gerg@moreton.com.au
Lineo PHONE: +61 7 3279 1822
Unit 12, 97 Jijaws St, FAX: +61 7 3279 1820
Sumner Park, QLD, 4074, Australia WEB: www.moretonbay.com