Re: [uCsimm] timing accuracy

From: D. Jeff Dionne (jeff@lineo.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 21:48:01 EDT

"Reynolds, Alfred" <Alfred.Reynolds@dsto.defence.gov.au> said:

> Has anyone been able to get greater timing accuracy that 10msec on the
> ucsimm? I am using gettimeofday() and it is only accurate to the nearest
> 10msec but the things I am trying to measure are in that order of time :( I
> also don't have many MIPS to spare for the timing so don't suggest using a
> for loop :)

The kernel side of gettimeofday implements only jiffie accurate (10ms)
resolution. I've never bothered to do anything else, but if you wish it's
located in arch/m68knommu/platform/68EZ328/config.c

Jeff.

http://www.uClinux.com/

--
D. Jeff Dionne                                        Jeff@lineo.ca
   -VP Research and Development, Office of the CTO

Lineo - Put Linux Anywhere