RE: [uCsimm] Ethernet Not Always Detected

From: Reynolds, Alfred (Alfred.Reynolds@dsto.defence.gov.au)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 18:45:29 EDT

Make sure you have LOTS of solder around the RJ-45 and power plugs. I had no
end of troubles because of dodgy solder joints. There was an electrical
connection so all the voltages seemed fine, but the ucsimm was very erratic
in its behavior. I put an LED across the power supply and it quickly dimmed,
showing me that the power supply wasn't supplying enough current to the
simm. After a quick dollop of solder everything is fine now :)

Alfred