Re: [uCsimm] System requirements

From: D. Jeff Dionne (jeff@lineo.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 10:52:18 EDT

Matt Bergeron <smackeron@caltech.edu> said:

> Sorry to bother everyone, but I can find this documented anywhere.
> How much DRAM and FLASH does uClinux require? I'm designing a board
> with the 68EZ328 and want to at least have the ability to run uClinux
> someday.

A practical system can be made with 1M FLASH and 1M RAM. It will run just
fine in as little as 512k + 512k but not without giving up some things. I
would put pads down for 1-2 2M by 16 FLASH parts and 1-2 4M by 16 DRAM parts.

http://www.uClinux.com/

--
D. Jeff Dionne                                        Jeff@rt-control.com
   -VP Research, Office of the CTO