[uCsimm] ethernet packets

From: Thomas Peter-apt090 (apt090@lmpsil02.comm.mot.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 18:39:21 EDT

I would like to use the simm as a data collection device which will send the
data it collects out onto the network. I only intend to have the simm and a
host machine directly connected by a crossover cable, and the IP of the host
machine will be unknown. I therefore have a problem that the simm ip may
not be in the same domain as the host ip. Therefore I wish to use SOCK_RAW
and AF_PACKET to read data directly from the ethernet controller and then
send back UDP/IP data with a source IP similar to the host's, on the same
domain. I think the host should then think that I am in its domain and
receive the packets. Does anyone know if this is true, and where I might
find some sample code to make this work?

Thank you,

Peter Thomas