Re: [uCsimm] Any PCB design software ... which is GNU or freeware.

From: Bo bjerre (
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 17:40:38 EDT

Don Lee wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> Thanks for the help and recommendations. I have looked at Cadsoft (the free
> version) .. and play around with it. It is a good library of components.
> As for PCB 1.6.3 , will try to download today and try it out.
> Just to let you all know that I'm a student, having problem even to pay my
> rent... I don't think I could afford the US$1200 Cadsoft. Unless someone is
> kind enough to sponsor me. Just joking here....
> For the time , I will just stick to Cadsoft free version. But I do find it hard
> to find the components I needed in its library...
> Once again thanks,
> Have a nice day everyone.
> Don
> This message resent by the list server

Even if you can not find the footprints you need, it is very easy to create them, so
do not make that a problem. I guess the demo version of Layout will not include the
full library. I use the product as a full time designer, and I am very pleased with
it. Specially the support here in Denmark.

/Bo Bjerre

This message resent by the list server