Re: [uCsimm] Any PCB design software ... which is GNU or freeware.

From: Tom Walsh (
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 23:45:30 EDT

Micah Dowty wrote:
> That sounds pretty good, and I'm all for using a different package.
> I've tried eagle cad before, and PCB sounds good. (especially because it's
> GPL)
> I don't expect I'll need a PCB any time soon, but when I do I'll find some
> place that takes an open file format.

        Good luck on the "open file format"!!! Those of us who have been using
PCB CAD packages for a number of years find that this is a MAJOR
problem! There have been some attempts at opening up a 'universal'
format for packages, but these have failed as the vendors do not seem to
be intereseted in disclosing their format to competitors.

'', ''
This message resent by the list server