RE: [uCsimm] Any PCB design software ... which is GNU or freeware.

From: Micah Dowty (micah@homesoftware.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 15:38:41 EDT

I have used expresspcb, but I wouldn't reccomend it. They're service is
OK, but i have problems with their software:

        * Only handles english units (really tricky to lay out QFPs)

        * Doesn't import/export designs

        * I have to run it under VMware

If you do decide on expresspcb, be warned that some IC packages will be
really hard to lay out, and once you commit to expresspcb you're stuck.

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, THM Technologies wrote:

> You might try this...
> www.expresspcb.com
>
> They offer free layout software for a two-sided PCB. You pay only for the
> boards.

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds." - Linus