Re: [uCsimm] Any PCB design software ... which is GNU or freeware.

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 14:47:33 EDT

Don Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to design my own board for UcSimm.
> I'm looking for a PCB design program which is GNU or freeware.
>
> Any good recommendation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Don

I use Eagle CAD from Cadsoft ('http://www.cadsoft.de'). I am happy with
the program, the package is not expensive. I purchased the Scehmatic
Editor, Layout Editor, and Autorouter for about US$1200. They do have a
FreeWare version (Eagle Light), it is a limited version, check their
site for the details. Also, they have several newsgroups and I recommend
that you post questions about Eagle on those.

As far as designing your own board, check out my design at:
'http://www.openhardware.net'. The final peice of the system has been
added, the ethernet card.