Re: [uCsimm] Any PCB design software ... which is GNU or freeware.

From: Larry Doolittle (ldoolitt@recycle.lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 14:00:27 EDT

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 05:32:23PM +0100, Don Lee wrote:

> I'm trying to design my own board for UcSimm.
> I'm looking for a PCB design program which is GNU or freeware.
>
> Any good recommendation?

For simple boards, where autorouting would hurt more
than help, pcb is nice (it's GPL'd). I found it
quite easy to make a board come out exactly the
way I wanted.

The parts library in the stock version is rather dated;
I have some updates posted to
  http://recycle.lbl.gov/~ldoolitt/pcb.html
that make it usable. I'd especially like feedback
on the experimental QFP footprint generating GUI.

You probably also want to nose around on geda.seul.org .

      - Larry Doolittle <LRDoolittle@lbl.gov>