Re: [uCsimm] more serial lines & 100BASE-T ethernet

From: David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 22:03:20 EDT

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 07:58:14AM +0200, Claudio Duffini wrote:
> The easiest way to add more serial ports (i think) is adding one or more
> SPI uart(s) (like maxim's 311x). Having a lot of spare I/O on uCsimm,
> you
> could add a bunch of these IC(s) on the SPI, dedicating one or more I/O
> pins of some port to manage chip select(s) pins of these uarts. A link
> with a basic implementation follows.. http://www.bdt.com/david/ucsimm/
> This works for one uart only, but could be expanded.

I'm in the process of updating this code to support an additional
UART and I'll post when complete.

Also, in the meantime, I've notice several posts mentioning
enhancements or other changes to the driver. If those of you making
changes would be so kind as to send me your changes, I would really
appreciate it.