Re: [uCsimm] Battery Backup RTC

From: Geoffrey Wossum (gpw0341@omega.uta.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 23:27:35 EDT

> Actually I have cut out the power supply path of the DragonBall isolated
> from the peripherals. Regarding peripherals, I have switched off the Vcc. I
> have set the register of DragonBall to Sleep : PCTRL to 0x80h and the
> current for the Dragonball can be instantly turn to uA. But when I cut the
> peripheral power, it jump back to 4mA.

So the sequence of events is:
1) Put Dragonball in sleep mode
2) Peripheral power gets shut off

Correct?

Maybe when the peripherals power off they generate a transient/noise that
the Dragonball sees as an interupt requiring it to wake up.

---
Geoffrey Wossum
gwossum@acm.org
Project AKO - http://rover1.uta.edu/~ako