Re: [uCsimm] more serial lines & 100BASE-T ethernet

From: Claudio Duffini (radames@sacrocuore.it)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 01:58:14 EDT

Julien Linder wrote:

> Hi.
> I need at least four RS232 lines. I would like to know if somebody has
> already added a chip and written a nice driver for this. Any suggestion
> for a chip to use is welcome.
> Also, I'll probably need a 100BASE-T ethernet controller. Has any work
> been done for this ?
> Thanks.
>
> Julien

Julien

The easiest way to add more serial ports (i think) is adding one or more
SPI uart(s) (like maxim's 311x). Having a lot of spare I/O on uCsimm,
you
could add a bunch of these IC(s) on the SPI, dedicating one or more I/O
pins of some port to manage chip select(s) pins of these uarts. A link
with a basic implementation follows.. http://www.bdt.com/david/ucsimm/
This works for one uart only, but could be expanded.

Regards

Claudio Duffini