Re: [UCLINUX] Re: [uCsimm] Interrupts & ColdFire

From: Olivier Bouyssou (olivier.bouyssou@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 09:00:32 EDT

Greg Ungerer wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> Olivier Bouyssou wrote:
> > Thank you for your answer.
> >
> > Also, I insist because I do not have an interruption of free :
> >
> > - irq7 & irq4 for the st16c2550.
> > - irq1 for a CS8900.
> >
> > I tried to modify the functions sti and cli in way to mask irq7 via
> > register IMR or register FCR of the 16550.
> >
> > But now I obtain "spurious interrupts", because it happens sometimes that
> > the core take into account the interruption during the instruction which
> > clear the pending bit.
> >
> > I could call rs_interrupte when that arrives but it is not beautiful.
> >
> > I looked at serial.c and it seems to to me that it must be possible to share
> > an interruption with some modifications. what do you think about it ?
> >
> > In this case the mofications hardware would be simpler...
>
> There is no formal support for sharing interrupts currently, but
> technically
> it should be pretty simple to do.
>
> Why does the stl16c2550 have 2 interrupts?

Yes, I forgot to specify that the stl16c2550 is a double 16550A with two lines
of interrupts.

> I would suggest that these share the one IRQ line...

Well... it does not remain any more which has to make a new pcb
 and to make a patch for serial.c.

--
Olivier Bouyssou (F1NXH), Paratronic            olivier.bouyssou@wanadoo.fr
22 rue paul verlaine                            31570 st Foy d'Aigrefeuille