Re: [uCsimm] Interrupts & ColdFire

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@moreton.com.au)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 07:17:15 EDT

Hi Olivier,

Olivier Bouyssou wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> Also, I insist because I do not have an interruption of free :
>
> - irq7 & irq4 for the st16c2550.
> - irq1 for a CS8900.
>
> I tried to modify the functions sti and cli in way to mask irq7 via
> register IMR or register FCR of the 16550.
>
> But now I obtain "spurious interrupts", because it happens sometimes that
> the core take into account the interruption during the instruction which
> clear the pending bit.
>
> I could call rs_interrupte when that arrives but it is not beautiful.
>
> I looked at serial.c and it seems to to me that it must be possible to share
> an interruption with some modifications. what do you think about it ?
>
> In this case the mofications hardware would be simpler...

There is no formal support for sharing interrupts currently, but
technically
it should be pretty simple to do.

Why does the stl16c2550 have 2 interrupts?
I would suggest that these share the one IRQ line...

Seeya
Greg

Greg Ungerer EMAIL: gerg@moreton.com.au
Moreton Bay (A Lineo Company) PHONE: +61 7 3279 1822
Unit 12, 97 Jijaws St, FAX: +61 7 3279 1820
Sumner Park, QLD, 4074, Australia WEB: www.moretonbay.com