Re: [uCsimm] gdbserver

From: Michael Hasse (res007s6@gte.net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 22:12:14 EDT

> I put "printf"'s all through the two parts of gdb, and it is receiving the 'g'... So no one else has seen this problem?
------------------
Not on the uCsimm, but I know I have seen this somewhere before, about
ten years ago, on a serial connection. I can't remember the exact
circumstances, but the connection worked until you hit a letter "g".
Then, just as you describe, the connection would drop. I don't remember
if it was a cabling problem or a mismatch in data/parity/stop bits
though (obviously not baud rate). It was definitely a handshaking
problem though, and I remember the group of us thinking what a terrible
prank it would be to play on someone. ;)

Michael Hasse
877-414-6453

http://www.itwerx.net/

"Never mind thinking in or out of the box, architect its very
existence!"