RE: [uCsimm] powered serial ports

From: Reynolds, Alfred (Alfred.Reynolds@dsto.defence.gov.au)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 02:39:23 EDT

okay, I solved my own problem :)

Its not a power problem, after checking the max specs and using an
oscilloscope I proved that. The problem is that I want to use the serial
port in a raw mode, and the serial driver intercepts 3 magic bytes to do
tricky stuff with (check drivers/char/68328serial.c, search for is_cons for
details). These magic codes were causing my simm to go all funny. After
commenting out the offending code and re flashing, everything is dandy :)
Thank god for open source huh.

Alfred