Re: [uCsimm] LCDs and 20Mhz clock rate

From: Micah Dowty (micah@homesoftware.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 20:50:53 EDT

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Marc Nicholas wrote:

> Hi there...
>
> Can someone suggest a relatively cheap, easy to interface LCD that'll work
> with the uCsimm?

This is a 240x64 LCD for $15: (it is 5v, so you'll need a 74HCT244 buffer
chip to convert from 3.3v)
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-LCD-40.html?L+scstore+hkqx2275fffa26fa+962302489

(really long URL. If it doesn't work, just go to www.allelectronics.com
and find the 240x64 LCD)

> Also, is it easy to up the clock rate from 16Mhz to 20Mhz?

The PLL is controlled by software, so I think you could overclock it with
no external component changes. I don't think it's a good idea though, it
would probably increase the power requirements a lot.

> Thanks.
>

> -marc

>From the command line of Micah Dowty

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds." - Linus