RE: [uCsimm] electrical caracteristics

From: Stu (doktor1@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 20:41:43 EDT

> Without a more definitive spec, such as Absolute Maximum Ratings, you
> have to take whatever "clues" that they give you in the manual.
> Unfortunately, this is not a shining example of a product datasheet and
> Motorola should be ashamed of it.
>
> TomW

I may be wrong, but the CPU itself is probably not the only factor to take
into account when calculating how much current the uCsimm will draw, idle or
otherwise. There is also the RAM, which needs to be refreshed in order to
retain data... not to mention any small resistors, capacitors, etc. that sit
on the board.

I could be way off base on that however. I haven't taken any EE courses
since 1996. The most advanced things I remember are the PIE mnemonic chart
and something about SOHCATAWA. :)