Re: [uCsimm] IRQ on port PD0

From: David Beckemeyer (david@corp.earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 11:02:03 EDT

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 06:26:14PM +0800, iMAXSZ engineering wrote:
> Hi,
> We're doing an experiment of interrupt in future implement a keyboard. We connect a switch on PD0, with enabling interrupts by changing /platform/68EZ328/ints.c. It show 'unregister interrupt 68 ! Turning it off ....' on console. Why 68 ??? How can we actually write an interrupt routine? Any successful story of implementing interrupting external device on ucsimm??
> Thanks
> QB

You need to use request_irq(), free_irq() to insert a handler for the
interrupt.

What you're seeing is the generic shared interrupt handler (68) which
looks at the IMR register (0xfffff304) to see which specific interrupt
needs servicing and since there is nothing registered for PD0/INT0,
you get the message you're seeing.

See kernel header file: include/asm-m68knommu/MC68EZ328.h for a list
of the values to use in request_irq() and free_irq(); look for
definitions ending in "_IRQ_NUM". Also see the MC68EZ328 docs for
info on the IMR register.

See the following for a sample of a serial port add-on hardware that
uses INT0:

    http://www.bdt.com/david/ucsimm/
    http://www.bdt.com/david/ucsimm/max311Xserial-0.10.tar.gz

Good luck!